Federal and State Agencies
While we hope this list helps in your search, we acknowledge that it represents only a fraction of potential resources.
The following are listed in alphabetical order.
- Bureau of Ocean Energy and Management
- Marine Mammal Commission
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Note: The National Marine Fisheries Service under NOAA is the primary federal agency responsible for marine mammal policy in the U.S., with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD as well as a system of science centers and regional offices around the U.S. that carry out marine mammal research and management on a local scale.
- National Science Foundation
- Smithsonian Institution
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Geological Survey
- U.S. Navy (U.S. Navy Pacific Fleet, U.S. Navy Fleet Forces Command, Office of Naval Research, Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Living Marine Resources Program)
Note: By clicking on the following links, you will be leaving the Marine Mammal Commission website. We cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by any of these third-party sites and do not endorse the information, products, or services contained therein.